Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm not allowed...

Apparently, we live in one of the holiest places in Indonesia the world. That's probably sounds like a good thing. But we're scared. This is why.

Anna and I used to go home around 9pm (or even 10pm sometimes) due to work. Fortunately, so far, we have been doing it all together, both of us. But it is really not impossible that we might go home alone sometime. Not because we want it, but because one of us is out of town -- also due to work. If I walk alone at 10pm, I don't think the police will investigate me. But Anna should be prepared. According to the news, the police has the right to probe her.

Even more horrifying is the idea of having to carry a copy of our marriage certificate everywhere we go. Why? "Let's face it," said Anna, "We have different race. In this country that's unusual. When we hold hands in public, they think we are dating -- and dating isn't good, especially between your race and mine". With this recent development, "I'm afraid we should always bring a proof of evidence that we're legally married"...

I was looking at her. She sighed, "Don't you dare kiss me on the street". Or, we'll be jailed...

2 comments:

Rizal said...

Aco, kiss her, for godsake!

anna said...

Well, recent development on the regulation, we can have a kiss on the street if it is not more than 5 minutes. so, aco and I are eager to try it someday kissing for 4.5 minutes, then stop and kiss and stop and kiss... :)