Saturday, April 14, 2007

My teacher is an ant

Have you ever sung one song and before you know it, you have switched into another different song, just because they share common tones? It happens a lot to me. Especially these days when Anna asks me to sing for Alfie (not that I can sing -- far from that).

Like last night. I was out of playlist in my mind when I started to hum some Louis Armstrong's sweet jazzy old songs. But Anna protested, "No jazz, please -- he's a baby!". So I stopped and tried very hard to recall any children song. I came up with "Semut-Semut Kecil". I sang it:

semut-semut kecil
saya mau tanya
adakah kamu
di dalam tanah
punya mama papa

semua baktimu
akan kuukir
di dalam hatiku
s'bagai prasasti
t'rima kasihku
'tuk pengabdianmu...

Then I realized, I have just switched to another song! It became "Terpujilah" (or is that even the right title?). Alfie was not calmed down. Because I was laughing myself outloud. How come an ant became my ... teacher?

1 comment:

Rizal said...

This the thing I don't really get: How can Alfie stand to have a dad like you, dude --the Aming's fan, too ? :-)) Peace, man!