Thursday, July 26, 2012

Not ready for elementary school

Alfie is now an elementary school student. For one thing, we decided to enrol him to national school - Regina Pacis. I know that it will not be easy for Alfie to adjust to this old and conservative school. I have a lot of concerns and am worried that he doesn't want to go to school. To my surprise, he is not that bad. He cried a bit at school because he still hasn't made friend. He wakes up as early as 5am and does his homework everyday even with lots of grumble mumbles.
After a week, the most worrying thing happened today. Either he was not feeling well or he was stressed out with the new environment, Alfie threw up when he arrived at school. When I picked him up at 1035, the teacher said she couldn't release Alfie because he cried all the time and hasn't finished his writing exercise. He was alone in the classroom, finishing his exercise. And this thing continued to the next couple of days.


At home, I asked Alfie "Why did you cry at school, Alfie?" He calmly replied "I think I am not ready for elementary school" Well, maybe the right answer is "not ready for 'old-style' elementary school. So sorry Alfie, we need you to experience this to be a strong and tough boy! Hang in there!

No comments: