Saturday, September 15, 2007

teaching discipline

At 12 month, Alfie is a very busy baby. He is very eager to explore things around him. I cannot stand his movements around the living room, touching and messing up with remote control, paper, pen, plug, cord, and cupboard.

So, one day, I punished him by putting him next to the fridge, letting him hold it as he cannot walk at that time. I told him: alfie, strap (or straff - in dutch). After 1-2 minutes enjoying the "straff", Alfie felt bored. He started to ask me to help him move (ie release him from the fridge). He almost cried as I didn't offer him my hand to support him walk. However, after 2 to 3 times of "straff", he now requested to be "straffed". He is willing to go to the fridge and hold it and say: strap. For him "straff" is a game.

Well, I need to think something else to teach him discipline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bugis emang kejam.. bocah 12 bulan juga udah di strap.. astagaaa..